Health and Safety Policy
Winchester Canoe Club is strongly committed to encouraging our members to take part in paddlesport safely, supporting the health and well-being of each individual as the highest priority. We recommend levels of training relevant to age and ability, and expect our all paddlers to keep their knowledge and paddle skills up to date to enable everyone to participate within safe boundaries.
To support our Health and Safety policy statement we are committed to the following:
- Undertake regular, recorded risk assessment of the club premises and all activities undertaken by the club.
- Create a safe environment by putting health and safety measures in place as identified by the assessment.
- Ensure that all members are given the appropriate level of training and competition by regularly assessing individual ability dependant on age, maturity and development.
- Ensure that all members are aware of, understand and follow the club’s health and safety policy.
- Appoint a competent club member to assist with health and safety responsibilities.
- Ensure that normal operating procedures and emergency operating procedures are in place and known by all members.
- Provide access to adequate first aid facilities, telephone and qualified first aider at all times.
- Report any injuries or accidents sustained during any club activity or whilst on the club premises.
- Ensure that the implementation of the policy is reviewed regularly and monitored for effectiveness.